My experience with Thapos!

It has been a great experience that I am working in the present job role, sooner or later I decided last year to explore better opportunities. It took me one year to find relevant job opening which I can 
apply. Rather than going by a company name or a location or size of the company, I shortlisted job roles which are interesting where I can contribute to the organization and seek a challenge worth 
pursuing. 

On Dec 17th 2020, I came across the job role of Thapos on Indeed, which I saved and applied on Dec 18th 2020 having read it thoroughly, yet crafting the cv as per the job requirement. Since November 14th to this day, I have been continuously improving, refining and updating my CV for applying jobs 
mostly on LinkedIn and Indeed.

Investing 30 min time on myself, had got me learn many things about myself, I believe I should continue working on self and keep improving on the basis of SWOT chart.

Although I applied to Thapos, I didn’t receive any feedback or reply from the team. I got selected for few job opportunities too, but I didn’t felt the vibe to join them, primary reason being - They have unrealistic expectation about the job roles

- Management didn’t had a clear understanding of what digital marketing is how it is useful 
- Most of the job roles were created in companies just because of the pandemic and are first time hiring for digital marketing role

While having these experiences everyday, I received a call from Sri Devi at around 4 PM evening which I unfortunately missed 2 times. I called her up late evening introduced myself, for which she said she came across my profile I applied on LinkedIn. 

We discussed my experience and present job 
role. On the call I understood, the job role, the skillset it required, the responsibility of the position. I confirmed my assumptions about the intensity of the job role. Post the discussion, I got the interview schedule quickly without any follow up.

I didn’t had any clue about, Srinivas the CEO, would be based out in US. I really liked the way Srinivas started the interview by introducing himself, his career and company. In my career, it was my internship interview and Srinivas’s interview which started with their(interviewer’s) introduction first . 

I had immense learnings with interacting with Srinivas. I can say it’s the best interview I had 
attended in the past couple of weeks. It was quick, to the point, focused and as per time, it’s often a great skill about interviewing candidates and Srinivas executes those skills effortlessly. 

The process of the interview didn’t had any hierarchy, as Srinivas said it’s a flat organization. 

Director of operations, Nagarjuna’s interview was focused on the operations perspective. The questions Nagarjuna asked I 
believed were related to conceptual understanding of my skill set and the job role demands. It was exciting to know the growth and purpose with which SportsPlus has grown. 
Even more exciting was the job responsibilities, which h said, “If you’re looking for something challenging, willing to take up 
a challenge then come, you’ll learn and you’ll grow exponentially”.

For me, it was a wonderful experience having interviewed by Srinivas and Nagarjuna as I did learnt many things out these 4-5 days of interview process. 

Although it's with so much excitement I'm looking forward to start the role, it's a huge amount of risk involved as it's a great responsibility on my part to lead a team, set a vision, set a strategy, set up core guiding principles, and especially being relevant for the international market.

I always end up with something exciting and challenging yet interesting opportunities which normally people won't accept. Like earlier I started my career with real estate which is very competitive, later I landed up in non profit which people join after having completed their careers, people used to get shocked as what a young person is doing in non profit organization/industry as most people shy away from joining this sector. Now it's sports industry coupled with IT.

One question which Srinivas asked me is “What’s holding you back from becoming a better, bolder and famous digital marketer” is my key takeaway from this, which I’ll work on to explore and make myself better. That will be my quest to achieve going forward in each and every step should towards. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seed these habits !

Healing After a Breakup !

Anybody can be a marketer with these simple terms.